1 someone who leads or initiates an activity (attack or campaign etc.)
2 the leading military unit in an attack
3 the head and sharpened point of a spear [syn: spearpoint, spear-point] v : be the leader of; "She spearheded the effort to find a cure for the disease"
the pointed head, or end, of a spear
- Dutch: speerpunt
- Finnish: keihäänkärki
- Hungarian: dárdahegy, lándzsahegy
- Polish: grot
one who leads or initiates an activity
the leading military unit in an attack
- Hungarian: előrevetett egység
- Polish: szpica
to drive or campaign ardently
A spearhead is the sharpened tip of a spear.
Spearhead may also refer to:
- Spearhead (band), a musical group founded by Michael Franti
- Spearhead (book), a novel by Franklin M. Davis, Jr.
- Spearhead (magazine), a British magazine
- Spearhead (TV series), a British television series
- Spearhead (album), an album by British death metal band Bolt Thrower
- Spearhead (Wario), a character in the video game Dr. Mario 64
- Spearhead (company), a division of Reed Elsevier that organises trade shows
- Spearhead from Space, a serial in the British television series Doctor Who
- Melanesian Spearhead Group, a forum of south pacific island nations
- Spearhead, nickname of the U.S. 3rd Armored Division in the U.S. Army
- Medal of Honor: Spearhead, an expansion pack to the computer game Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
- Spearhead, A PC tank simulation by Zombie Studios.
- Fer-de-Lance, meaning "spearhead" in French
spearhead in French: Spearhead
advance guard, airhead, avant-garde, battle line, be the bellwether, beachhead, beacon, blaze the trail, break the ice, bridgehead, cutting edge, farthest outpost, first line, forefront, front, front line, front rank, front-runner, get ahead of, get before, go before, guide, have the start, head, head the line, initiate, lap, launch, lead, lead the dance, lead the way, light the way, line, outguard, outpost, outstrip, pace, pioneer, point, precede, precursor, railhead, scout, set the pace, stand first, take the initiative, take the lead, van, vanguard